Following My LDS Surrogate Experience and More!

A PERFECTLY IMPERFECT PERFECTIONIST

Following my LDS Surrogate Experience and More! I hope to share my experience and perspective with you. My adventures starts back in September of 2011, and I hope you can follow along and be a part of my journey! I follow one successful and one unsuccessful attempt at gestational surrogacy. Also, make sure to visit my Intended Mother's blogs (with a link to the right) The purpose of my blog is to educate people all over the world about gestational surrogacy and a little about the LDS Church's position regarding surrogacy. If you are somewhere in the process, whether you are an intended parent, a surrogate, or you plan to become one soon, I hope my blog can help put some perspective in your life. Please feel free to leave comments. I have the opportunity to be involved with such a unique and special experience. As a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, I also plan to express my love for the Gospel throughout my scribblings. Thank You for visiting!

Thursday, March 8, 2012

The Baby Wasn't Shy! :)

Oh my goodness I am so excited! Hope just dropped me back off at home. We spent the last hour and a half at our ultrasound. Everything went great :) We got lots of pictures, we got a video. The ultrasound tech was super nice and I could not have had a better time.

It's a baby BOY!

haha! Can you believe it?! I wanted it to be a little boy so badly. How perfect. Their little family will be complete. Hope teared up during the ultrasound. The baby kicked and wiggled all over the place. He wasn't shy at all. We all said it at the same time. "It's a boy?!" It was hard to mistake :) It is so fun to be a part of this. I am giddy and smiling so much my mouth hurts. Hope called her husband and had him on speakerphone. She wanted to mess with him, so she tried, "Well I hope you like Pink!" haha is response was, "How can you tell my little boy's gay?" We all busted up laughing cuz that wasn't the response we expected. At least I'm pretty sure that's what he said. We were all too giggly to really understand a whole lot. Hope came out with it after that. "We're having a son!" His pause and his sigh was enough. We all wished we could have seen his face. Their little girls have been insisting that it was going to be a baby brother. They have been so sure. How fun.

Here at our house, Clark asked Brionna (my 5 year old) what she thought the baby was gonna be. She said it was a girl. He said he thought it was gonna be a boy. So he told her that if he was right, then she had to buy him a treat, and if it was a girl and she was right, then he would buy her a treat. As soon as I told them it was a baby boy, Brionna was like, "OH MAN! I have to get daddy a treat now?!" hahaha.

It's so fun to be able to refer to the baby as "he" instead of it. He's gonna be here before we know it! July is just right around the corner :) Now Hope and her husband will talk baby names. I am so excited. Oh man, my mouth hurts from smiling :D

I wanted to post a better blog full of pictures and the video, but I could't wait to announce the news to everyone! So here it is. The short version, and I will post the fun stuff when I get a chance.

It's a boy! It's a baby boy! They're having a BABY BOY!!! HAHA! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment